- Happy New Year 2018!
The New Norm is excited to welcome into the fold our good friend and tremendously talented Multi Instrumentalist, Mitch Gield! Mitch will be taking up the helm of Bassist and brings extensive experience as a songwriter, producer and engineer.
Stay tuned for more updates and special announcements....
- November 2017: The band is going full speed ahead as we head towards the end of the year! Following a blistering performance at Murphy's Pub in Newtown, CT, the band is gearing up for their final performance of 2017 at one of their favorite spots, 52 Main in the heart of the inspiring town of Millerton, NY on 12/9/17. The show gets going at 9pm. Stay tuned for some exciting announcements regarding the future of The New Norm and our plans for the upcoming year! Stay True and Stay Powerful.... Eddie, Dave & Ben
- October 12, 2017: Today, The New Norm bids a farewell to Mr. Bob Cullen, our friend, bass player and founding member of the New Norm. We would like to thank him for all he has brought to this band through his friendship, his musicianship and dedication since the beginning of this project. We will miss him! We wish him the very best! ROCK ON BOB!
The band will continue on, coming full-circle as a Power Trio. Ben Howell will assume Bass duties while the band auditions for a full-time replacement. With Eddie, Dave and Ben forging ahead, the future looks bright!. 2018 expects to bring new music and an expansion to their live performance schedule, along with social media presence.
Stay True and Stay Powerful!
- June 2017: Quick Update as Summer Heats Up! Fresh off two blistering shows at O'Connor's in New Milford, CT and The Spring for Sound Fest in Millerton, NY, the band will make their return to one of the Hudson Valley's Premier Night Spots, Clock Tower Grill on June 30th. Chef Rich Parente and his crew are always breaking barriers and serving up inspirational offerings. The music gets going at 8pm till 11pm. Reservations are strongly recommended. The band rounds out the Summer with a few more select shows, with no slow-down in sight as we head towards Fall. Stay tuned for some exciting announcements... Wishing You and Yours a great Summer. As always, much love! Eddie, Dave, Bob and Ben
- May 2017: The Band is in full-swing, as we prepare for a healthy dose of Spring and Summer of live performances. First, we head back to Molten Java, an intimate setting in Bethel, CT on 5/20 for a 2-set blitz. Show starts at 7pm. June brings multiple performances, including a stop back at one of the Premier Music Festivals in The Hudson Valley, NY, Spring For Sound. The Festival takes place in Millerton, NY and is an all-day event on Saturday, June10. The band takes part in closing out the festivities that evening with a power-set scheduled for 9:30pm at the 52 Main Stage. All of our upcoming shows can be found at the main Live Shows Page. Check back often, as the band has many things in the works! In addition, to live shows, the band is writing and adding new material. See you soon and much love! Eddie, Dave, Bob and Ben
- March 2017 Check-in: The band is ready for the end of Winter and is rolling right along with shows coming up to jump-start Spring! The band will be debuting some new material and will look to build on the momentum of 2016. We continue to evolve our sound and live show experience. As always, we appreciate all of our supporters and fans! Much Love! Eddie, Dave, Bob & Ben
- December Update: The band will be finishing out 2016 strong with their final performance of the year on 12/10/16 at Oconnor's Public House in Brookfield, CT. The band will kick off 2017 with a set of blistering shows in January. First, the band makes their debut at one the premier intimate locations in the Hudson Valley, NY when they take a stage at The Reverie Caffe on 1/7/17. The following week on 1/14, the band teams up with special guests, The Magnetic to Rock Widow Browns in Danbury, CT. There will be plenty more shows in 2017 and much more music! Thank you for your support in 2016 and a Happy and Healthy 2017 to ALL! Eddie, Dave, Bob & Ben
- October Update: The band is in the final push of 2016, with live shows coming up on 11/4 at Clock Tower Grill and then debut performances at Oconnor's Public House in New Milford, CT on 11/12 and Brookfield, CT on 12/10. The band will also be debuting at The Hideaway in Ridgefield, CT on 12/2. This past month, our friends at Sen3Productions filmed our first official music video for "Set Your Course and Go." Stay tuned for the debut of this video, more show announcements and more.....
- August Update: The band is gearing up for what will be some back-to-back fun! On Friday, 9/9, the band returns to our home-base, Clock Tower Grill for 3hrs of 100% Original and Independent music and then follows it up with a scheduled performance at this year's Annual Oddstock fest! As we head into the end of Summer, wishing you and yours a wonderful Labor Day and stay tuned for some major Fall updates!
- Mid-Summer update: The band has been enjoying the Summer of 2016. New Material is being written and new connections being made, with additional live show announcements coming soon. We had a blast helping our good friends and owners of Clock Tower Grill christen their new farm in early July and after performing at another private event in Mahopac, NY on 7/23, the band makes their way back to Clock Tower Grill on Friday, 7/29 for our Summer Dreams Concert in the Court Yard! The band will take some time in August for some re-grouping and additional writing, before returning to the stage in September. Stay tuned and wishing everyone a joyful and peaceful rest of your Summer!
- June 2016: Things are in full-swing as the band heads into this weekend's Spring For Sound Festival in Millerton, NY. Look for the band's return later this Summer to Clock Tower Grill in Brewster, NY and rounding things out with another trip to Oddstock Festival in September. Stay tuned for more updates on live shows coming soon.
- The band is officially on SoundCloud! More music and show announcements to follow...stay tuned
- End of March Report: Things are heating up heading into Spring, as final mixing and mastering continues on our debut EP. New shows being added as well, with an announcement that the band will be making their debut performance at one of Danbury's finest establishments for live music, Billy Bean's Cafe on April 16th. Stay tuned for more updates and keep Rockin' - Eddie, Dave, Bob & Ben
- March 2016: The band has finished recording their yet to be titled Debut EP. Finishing touches to mixing and mastering are now to be completed! The band has also added a festival/fundraiser to their upcoming show schedule; playing this year's, first annual Cars and Coffee on May 15th to benefit the New Fairfield, CT Volunteer Fire Dept. The band is also putting together more shows to round out 2016. Until the next update, Much Love - Eddie, Dave, Bob & Ben
- January 2016: The band will be recording an EP in February and will be self-distributing both in the physical and virtual! In addition to our home away from home at The Clock Tower Grill (5 dates booked for 2016), the band is in the process of booking other live events, including a slot at this year's Spring For Sound Festival in June. Wishing all our fans and friends a healthy and prosperous New Year and see you soon! E-B-D-B
Join The New Revolution